Bionetz2-SySa

Sonntag, 4. Februar 2007

Hello, I’m Icy a Poplar Admiral(Limenitis populi).
But I’m not a bird, I’m a butterfly. I’m even a Nymphalidae. I like more flying when it’s day than when it’s night. I don’t fly straight, because I don’t want to be eaten by birds. I’m very tall and I love deciduous forests, but not too dark ones. I live somewhere, where I can find aspens and black poplars, because my children and I, when I was young, eat the leaves. I don’t like big areas, because I love trees. Sometimes, I fly down to the forest soil, but the females stay in the crowns. I never fly to blooms, like other butterflies. I drink the juice of trees.
When I was very little, I eclosed from a green egg on a leaf of an aspen. It was really hot and I ate as much as I could. Then I built a nest for the winter. I convolved a leaf and there I spent all the time sleeping. When I woke up, I ate a lot of buds and littles leaves. After that I built a cocoon and after about 2 weeks I looked like I’m looking now. I have big wings.
Now I have to find a partner and I haven’t so much time. But there are only a few other “Große Eisvögel”, because you humans cut down all aspens and black poplars, which are our food. But luckily there are still some nice places, for example floodplain forests, where we can live.

Sabrina

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite